At Beth Montessori your child will be engaged in the authentic Montessori experience developed by Maria Montessori.
The Beth Montessori classroom experience includes...
- Two AMI trained teachers at the appropriate age level for each class.
- A mixed, three-year age group.
- An appropriate number of children to insure social development.
- A three-hour uninterrupted work period in the morning and a 2-3 hour work period in the afternoon.
- A complete set of materials for each class from a manufacturer authorized by AMI.
The Beth Montessori Curriculum is comprised of five distinct areas of concentration...
- Practical Life enhances skills and coordination through gross and fine motor tasks. These activities serve to increase children's attention span and encourage task completion.
- The Sensorial area helps children develop and refine their senses to discriminate, categorize and explore key concepts.
- Mathematics makes use of manipulative materials to enable children to understand abstract concepts of numbers, symbols, the decimal system, mathematical operations, and basic number facts.
- Language Arts includes oral language development, written expression, reading, grammar, creative dramatics, and children's literature. The Hebrew language program exposes children to the Hebrew vocabulary associated with the Jewish holidays and culture.
- Enrichment activities expose children to music, movement, Jewish culture and traditions, art, science and geography.