The Montessori Method is most effective when following the principle that children are most sensitive and responsive to an environment that is specially designed for their developmental needs, therefore children will be admitted to the program that is developmentally age-appropriate. Our Infant Community is designed to accommodate the needs of children 9 to 18 months of age. The Toddler Component is designed to accommodate the needs of 1 ½ to 3 year olds. While the Primary Program is designed for children 3 to 6 years of age, and includes both a preschool and kindergarten curriculum.
Children typically graduate from our school at approximately 6 years of age and head directly into 1st grade.
Unlike many preschools, Beth Montessori only offers a 5-day program. This important detail is based on the Montessori philosophy that children need a consistent and orderly routine, which gives them a sense of predictability and security. In addition to this, the more time a child spends in the Montessori environment the more they are able to progress and benefit from the learning opportunities that are presented there.
Once an Application for Admission is received, the Administration will follow up to confirm availability.
TUITION RATES (2021-2022)*
INFANT COMMUNITY "NIDO" (9 mo. to 18 mo.):
- FULL DAY: 8:15 am to 2:30 pm
5 days per week: $1,670.00/month for 10 months
- EXTENDED CARE: 2:30 pm to 5:00 pm
(There is no Morning EC available for the Infant Program)
Fixed Rate (5 days per week): $375.00/month* for 10 months
*Infants needing Extended Care must enroll at the fixed rate, regardless of hours used.
COVID-UPDATE: Our Infant/Nido Program (9-18 months) has been temporarily closed, until further notice. We do not expect this program to reopen until Fall of 2022.
TODDLER COMPONENT (18 mo. to 3 years):
- FULL DAY: 8:15 am to 2:15 pm
5 days per week: $1,630.00/month for 10 months
- HALF DAY: 8:15 am to 12:00 pm
5 days per week: $1,500.00/month for 10 months
PRIMARY PROGRAM: PRESCHOOL & KINDERGARTEN (3 - 6 years old):
- FULL DAY: 8:15 am to 2:15 pm
5 days per week: $1,585.00/month for 10 months
- HALF DAY: 8:15 am to 1:00 pm
5 days per week: $1,460.00/month for 10 months
*All rates are subject to change from one School Year to the next
FEES (Applies to all Programs)
Application Fee (One Time): $175.00
Registration Fee (Yearly): $250.00
Deposit: Last Month Tuition (Yearly): Dependent on program.
Apron & Sack (As Needed): $25.00
Material Fee (Yearly): $250.00 to be waived first year.
EXTENDED CARE OPTIONS for Toddler & Primary
EC AM Daily from 7:45 - 8:15 a.m. (30 minutes): Fixed monthly amount $75.00 ($7.00/hr)
EC PM Daily from 2:30 - 5:00 p.m.** (2.5 hours): Fixed monthly amount $375.00 ($7.00/hr)
EC AM & PM Daily (3 hours): Fixed monthly amount $415.00 ($6.00/hr)
ALL OTHER EXTENDED HOURS: $12.00 per hour (charged by 15 min increments)
**Late pick ups after 5pm will be charged a $20 Late Pick-up fee
COVID-UPDATE: Our Extended Care Program has been Temporarily Suspended, until further notice. We can only accommodate a slightly extended day until 3:00pm, for those families who request it.
Application for Admission:
You will find more detailed information in the Application for Admission (PDF file) found in the "Forms and Downloads" Tab.
ADMISSION PROCEDURES & TIME FRAMES:
- Tour the School (in order to get a first hand look at the Montessori Method and a better understanding of its implementation).
- Submit Application together with Application Fee (which will place you on our waitlist).
- Receive confirmation of availability (Submitting your application does not in itself guarantee your spot, you must receive a formal confirmation from us).
- Once a spot is confirmed, place a non-refundable deposit to secure your child's spot.
- Attend Individualized Meeting before child's first day at school. (You can find more detailed information regarding the Individualized Meeting, as well as how we transition a new child, in our Parent Handbook, also found in the "Forms and Downloads" Tab).
Admission Time Frames:
We offer rolling admission throughout the year, however here are a few time frames that are useful to know:
- We allow both Fall and January entrance dates, provided there is availability. Availability in January may be more limited, as it depends on the number of children who will be transitioning from one program to another.
- Our Re-enrollment Period runs during the month of January.
- Those on our Waitlist usually receive a response soon after our re-enrollment period ends, give or take in March.
Our Admission Policies are found in great detail on the 4th page of the Application. Please read them carefully, as it is a binding contract.
The following priorities are used in determining admission and placement:
- Currently Enrolled Students
- Siblings of Currently Enrolled Students
- Transfers from other Montessori programs
- Proportionate balance of ages and gender in each classroom
- Date Application was received (Waitlist Status)
- Priority is given to siblings of currently enrolled students
- Priority is given to students entering in Fall (September) over Winter (January)
- Priority is given to Full Day students over Half Day students